How to Connect AirPods to Mac Easily and Efficiently
June 1.2020 - by MacBooster Team
AirPods are designed to deliver effortless, all-day audio on the go. They work seamlessly with all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models that run iOS 10 or later which is as simple as opening the case and tapping on connecting in the pop-up that shows on the device screen. But connect AirPods to a Mac is not that easy and categorical. Here's how to connect your AirPods to a Mac.
AirPods Compatible Mac Devices
AirPods were first released on December 13, 2016, with a 2nd generation released in 2019 and the premium AirPods Pro released later that year. Here are the compatible macOS which can connect to Airpods.
● For AirPods (1st generation): macOS Sierra or later
● For AirPods (2nd generation): macOS 10.14.4 or later
● For AirPods Pro: macOS 10.15.1 or later
How to Connect Your Airpods to A Mac
If you already connected your AirPods with your iPhone and your Mac is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID, they’re ready to use with your Mac.
1. Open the AirPods case.
2. Click the Volume control in the menu bar on your Mac, then choose AirPods from the list.
If your AirPods are not connected with your iPhone, you can connect them directly with your Mac by following these steps.
1. With your AirPods in their case, open the lid.
2. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until the status light flashes white.
3. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
4. Select AirPods in the Devices list, then click Connect.
5. If your AirPods support it (AirPods Pro or AirPods 2nd generation), click Enable to be able to say “Hey Siri” to start using Siri with your AirPods.
Note: To use Siri or handle phone calls, double-tap one of the AirPods (you only have to be wearing one).
Customize Your AirPods General Settings on Mac
Once connected Airpods to your Mac, you can click on Options to change the configuration for automatic ear detection, controls for when you press and hold on either AirPod, and noise control toggles.
Make your Connection Easily and Efficiently
An overloaded and redundant Mac works like a snail, and it makes everything action slow and inefficient. To make your connection easy and efficient, you need a professional Mac maintenance tool - MacBooster, your one-stop Mac maintenance tool to clean up 20 types of junk files and remove Mac malware and virus to protect your Mac, Besides, MacBooster can optimize Mac hard disk to boost your Mac to the peak performance.